Honey bee removal from an eave. Once a colony has been there they leave a smell that lures other colony’s in year after year and requires steps to prevent the issue from recurring. I warranty the work against another colony moving in at sometime in the future.
This removal was for Horry County South Carolina at Bayboro Park. The colony was located in one of the baseball dugouts on the ball field. This one like other county jobs I have done, have their own maintenance people who replace all the materials removed to access the bees. I am thankful for our Horry/Georgetown County officials who have called to have the bees removed and relocated instead of spraying.
This removal was up high in a soffit return. I had removed four colonies the year before in his same location. The home owner had their contractor replace the material after I had removed the bees from the four locations in the home. I meet the contractor there before he replaced the materials and explained how all entrances have to be completely sealed off. Bees find there new home by pheromone, so if there is a bee smell from a prior bee hive swarms will find it. Due to this I told the homeowner I could not warranty against future infestations. Well guess what this one was not sealed off. So here I am again this time I am replacing all damage created by the cut out. I can warranty against future infestation in the same spot again.
This Honey Bee Colony was in the corner of this deck. When I first started this one, I was not sure if they were in the column or the deck. They were up inside the deck between the joists. The upper deck has a rubber membrane keeping them in the dry what a better place, except it is in someone else’s house. The home owners wanted to use their contractor for the replacement of the trim for this job. Another colony saved.
This was a removal were there were two separate Honey Bee colonies within 32 inches of each other in a garage ceiling. Both of these colonies were very strong
This was a swarm call earlier this week. I should have had the camera a little higher but it shows it okay. This one was easy because it was low to the ground.